As much as I love working out and the energy and endorphin boost it gives me, I HATE going to the gym. At-home workouts have become a staple for me, but it can be hard to keep myself motivated and consistent when I have no accountability to a gym membership. These apps have done wonders to help me establish healthy habits and stay motivated in reaching my fitness goals.
1. Sworkit - Hands down my favorite workout app. The original Sworkit is awesome and covers tons of different exercises, but additionally, Sworkit has extra apps that target specific muscle groups: Stretching, Abs & Core, Butt, Lower Body, Upper Body, and Arms to name a few. This app is so easy to follow along with, and you can customize the length of your routine.
2. Johnson & Johnson 7 Minute Workout - Each work out on this app is only 7 minutes long, but you will definitely work up a sweat! You can pick your difficulty, so in just 7 minutes you'll still get to push your limits.
3. MyFitnessPal - SERIOUSLY OBSESSED. MyFitnessPal helps you track how many calories you take in and measures that you get your recommended intake of protein, calcium, iron, vitamins, etc. When you download the app, you'll start by adding your weight and height, how much weight you want to lose, and how active your lifestyle is. MyFitnessPal will tell you how many calories you need to eat per day to reach your weight loss goals. The app is easy to use and has a great blog that shares healthy recipes and quick workouts.
4. Daily Water - This app keeps you on track to drink your recommended 8 glasses of water daily. You can even create a schedule for when you want to have each glass finished by and set up notifications and reminders.
5. Willpower - This app is designed to help you start forming habits. It keeps you accountable to the habits you decide to pursue, and makes it really rewarding to keep up a habit streak. I've used this app to get me to start working out every day, even if it's just a light stretch. This one even got me to finally start flossing every night!
6. P.Tracker - Okay this one isn't fitness related, but I have to give a shout out to P.Tracker as one of the most important health apps for women. It does exactly what you're thinking... helps track your cycle! I've found it it hugely convenient when I'm planning trips, or wondering why I'm suddenly craving everything sweet and have three new pimples.